Sunday, September 8, 2013

Hi there



















So, I'm back. My last post here was back in the beginning of 2011. Since then I've posted a heap of beauty stuff over at hopeful aspirations. I've done many other things too, but we won't get into that now.

Lately I've been feeling guilty about not living up to expectations. My own expectations. Somewhere along the line, I decided that I was going to post every single day on my other blog. I have absolutely no obligations to post there, apart from the ones I created for myself. As a result of this, I favoured quantity over quality. There are some posts which I'd thrown together on my lunch break or whipped up in 5 minutes, just for the sake of being able to hit the 'publish' button daily. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of my blog. As embarrassing as it can be, I enjoy sharing it with my friends and family - although it does get awkward when my Nonna say to me "have you made any more of those video things? Honestly, I can't imagine why someone would want to sit there and watch one of those". I also love being able to connect with other people online. I still love blogging but honestly, it's nice to go for a few days without even opening up my laptop. 

So why am I here? If I'm struggling to post on one blog, why start writing at another? In short, I was inspired. To write about things a tad more meaningful than my favourite lipstick or my trash for a given month (don't get me wrong, I will never stop loving empties posts). What better place to do it than my old stomping ground?

Expect something different here. It's going to be more personal, more eclectic and more free. I am hoping that this blog can help me to become a better person. Perhaps it will inspire you too (although I'm sure you're already perfect). I'm not going to set any sort of posting schedule or goals for this site. If I feel like it, I will post. If I don't have a chance, I won't. It's as simple as that. I will still be blogging over at hopeful aspirations, but perhaps only twice a week, focusing on quality over quantity. 


See you soon, 
Kimberley. 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, my darling! I can't wait to read your posts. You can never have too many blogs!

    Sabrina
    xox

    ReplyDelete